September/ October 2019LEARN MORE
UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA RETIRED
(CLICK ABOVE LINK TO PRINT)
THE UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA RETIRED awards scholarships to qualifying students.
The winners will be announced at the annual national convention of The United Postmasters and Managers of America. The applicants who are not chosen to receive a scholarship will not be notified. If the recipient leaves school for any reason except for sickness or death the money must be returned to the UPMA Retired organization.
The APPLICATION and all additional pages must be received no later than JUNE 15, 2019 by the Chairman of the UPMA Retired Scholarship Committee. Please read instructions carefully. INCOMPLETE applications will be disqualified. Type or print all additional information on individual and numbered 8-1/2” x 11” sheets of paper. Place your full name on top of each page submitted. Staple all sheets together in the order of the numbers on the application.
1. Full name:
2. Birth Date:
3. Name and address of the relative who is a UPMA member:
4: UPMA member’s relationship to you:_____________________________________________________
5. UPMA member’s state in which they are a member if different from address: ______________________
6. School you plan to attend:
7. FIRST YEAR STUDENTS: Have you applied for admission? _____ Have you been accepted? _____ (Include acceptance letter with application)*
8. Write a biographical letter (not more than 400 words) describing awards, community service, school activities, positions or offices, paid and/or volunteer jobs, future plans and any other pertinent information to assist the selecting committee evaluate the applications. Provide information that you believe would be helpful to the Scholarship Committee in assessing your personal or financial need. *
9. Attach your latest transcript from school: (Include latest ACT or SAT scores)*
School: City: State:
10. Have you received this scholarship before? Yes No What year/years? _______
Signature Date of Application
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL PAPERS AND NECESSARY FORMS TO:
Deena Frakes, Chairman
16255 SW Audubon Unit 102
Beaverton OR 97003-7798
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER JUNE 15th.
If you need clarification on any point you can either write to the above address or email at:
*Items must be included with application or application will not be considered.