May 2017LEARN MORE
UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA RETIRED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2017
THE UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA RETIRED awards scholarships to qualifying students.
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant must be the child or grandchild of an active or Retired Postmaster or Manager, who is a member of the UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA.
Applicant must be a high school graduate and accepted as a FIRST YEAR STUDENT for admission to an accredited college, university or trade school.
The applicant must have a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) overall including a 3.0 average for the last full year of high school.
Applicants must provide a transcript of their grades covering the most recent year of school. Also, the ACT or SAT scores must be included with application. This must be received by the UPMA Retired postmarked no later than June 30, 2017.
Applicants must list and briefly describe awards and community service during their previous school terms. They will have to provide enough information that the committee will know what they were doing during their school term.
The applicant must provide the committee with A COPY OF THEIR LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM THE COLLEGE OF THEIR CHOICE, AND ALSO MUST INCLUDE COPIES OF ACT, SAT OR OTHER ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SCORES AS APPLICABLE.
If they leave school for any reason, except for sickness or death the money must be returned to the UPMA Retired organization.
SELECTION: A committee will screen applications, judging on test scores, secondary school records, personal qualifications and community involvement. Decision of the committee will be final. The winners will be announced at the annual national convention of The United Postmasters and Managers of America.
UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA RETIRED
The APPLICATION and all additional pages must be submitted before JUNE 30 to the Chairman of the UPMA Retired Scholarship Committee. Please read instructions carefully. INCOMPLETE applications will be disqualified. Type or print all additional information on individually and numbered 8-1/2” x 11” sheets of paper. Place your full name and address on top of each page submitted. Staple all sheets together in the order of the numbers on the application.
1 Student full name:
2. Birth Date:
3. Father: Mother:
4. POSTMASTER /MANAGER PARENT OR GRANDPARENT (circle one)
RETIREE PARENT OR GRANDPARENT (circle one)
5. Is this person a member of the UNITED POSTMASTERS AND MANAGERS OF AMERICA? Yes or No (Membership will be verified with National Membership data base) (circle one)
6. Application for scholarship to attend the following school:
7. Have you applied for admission? Have you been accepted? (Be sure to include acceptance letter with application)*
8. Write a biographical letter (not more than 400 words) discussing your plans for your college years, your financial need, and your life goals.
9. List the names of three references: Include two of your high school teachers. Ask each to write a letter of recommendation for you and attach them or send individually to the scholarship chairman. These must be POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JUNE 30.
10. Attach your latest transcript from high school: (Include ACT or SAT scores)*
School: City: State:
11. List by name and year (9, 10, 11, 12) LEADERSHIP POSITIONS AND OFFICES HELD, and the approximate time commitment for each of school, community and volunteer activities.
Example: Student Council Representative 12 hours per month for 5 months, or 4-H Leader (11, 12) 5 hours per month for 4 months
12. List by name and year MEMBERSHIP AND OTHER PARTICIPATION and the approximate time commitment for each of school, community and volunteer activities, include your membership.
Example: Yearbook Staff (10, 11) 25 hours per month for 6 month, or Basketball (9, 10, 11, 12) 40 hours per month for 3 months, B.R.A.T.S. (5, 6, 7) State President for 1 year.
13. List any volunteer work positions you have had during high school.
Example: Candy Striper (11, 12) 20 hours per month for 3 months, or Farm helper (11, 12) 24 hours per month for 4 months
14. List any paid work positions (10, 11, 12) you have had during high school.
Example: Grocery Store (11, 12) 16 hours per month for 2 months, or Café work (10, 11, 12) 20 hours per month for 4 months
15. List by name and year the HONORS OR AWARDS you have received during high school.
Example: All Conference Basketball (11), or Boys/Girls State (11), or Jr. Rotarian (10)
16. List other scholarships received: (Name and Amount) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
17. Please attach a wallet size photo to application.*
Signature Date of Application
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL PAPERS AND NECESSARY FORMS TO:
520 MEADOWLARK DR
CLINTON MO 64735-1176
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JUNE 30.
If you need clarification on any point you can either write to the above address or email at:
*Items must be included with application or application will not be considered. Updated 11/14/16